Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ten Things I Love

I have accepted Beth's challenge to list 10 things I love! Listing things I love isn't especially hard...the challenge is to list things I love that begin with the letter "S". So, here goes,...

1 - Sunrise. I know that many people would rather go to the dentist than get up early! LOL! But, I am an early morning person. I need to see God's glory painted across the sky first thing everyday! It awakens my soul and helps set the tone for my day. More importantly, I get to praise the Lord for His infinite mercy to me. The sunrise reminds me that His grace, mercy and love are always there for me. (It is the exclamation point that begins my day!)

2 - Study. I love to study. The study of God's Word is thrilling to me. I love uncovering new facets of His character. God is the Master of all things but the fact that He recorded it tickles me pink. I love the feel of the pages and the sound they make when I turn them and I love to thumb through the pages and see my notes and prayers in the margin. I especially love the collective sound of the pages turning during church, it gives me glory bumps every time!

3 - Smiles. A smile is such a simple thing but it conveys a huge message! There aren't many things that are more warm and inviting than a heartfelt smile! Just reading this makes you smile doesn't it! The neat thing about a smile is that it is something you can give to anyone and you (almost) instantly receive one in return! How neat that God gave us smiles!! I must also add that an extension of smiles is the opportunity to be silly. I think it is healthy to be silly occasionally! Silliness made you smile didn't it!?!

4 - Singing. I love music. I especially love music that praises and glorifies the Lord. Like, "Indescribable" or "Thou O Lord" or "It Is Well With My Soul"! Music clears the mind and lifts the heart. I can't go a day without singing (even though my kids ask me not to sing aloud I know that it is beautiful to God's ears).

5 - Sentiment. I love feelings. I especially love those feelings that bring back the special moments in my life. I know that it would be easy to bring to mind the good ones exclusively but I wouldn't be who I am if I had journeyed through life
without bumps and bruises. I have been polished by all the things I have experienced. Without that polishing I could not reflect the Lord,...not even in the smallest way.

6 - Sweets. The top of the list would be chocolate but coming in at a close second would be most other sweet things. There are a few I am not fond of,...like bread pudding or tapioca. But, brownies, cookies, cupcakes, Italian Cream Cake...yum! God was good to give us sweets. Makes me want to stray too far from my diet though! LOL!

7 - Sylvie. Sylvie is my kitty. I know that we have two kitties but Sylvie is my shadow. Wherever I am in the house she is always close by. Sometimes I feel like we are velcroed together! She especially loves to do Bible study with me. She must love the sound of the Bible pages turning too! She also loves to sit in my lap when I knit. Thankfully she doesn't go after my yarn!

8 - Soda. Another guilty pleasure is drinking soda. And, I have to say that Dr Pepper, especially fountain Dr Pepper, is my all-time favorite. When I want a treat in the afternoon I go to the nearest Sonic Drive-In during their Happy Hour (2pm - 4pm) and I get the Route 44 size for $1. Dr Pepper at a bargain price, what could be better!

9 - Scarves. An important fashion statement whether they are fabric, crocheted, or knitted! My new favorite scarf is the Pashmina-style, which is a long, lightweight rectangle. Now a real Pashmina would be cashmere...a bit pricey for me! But, Wal-Mart has a nice looking alternative for $5. You can wear it as a shawl or around your neck for warmth and in any season. And, you can wear them with anything! A great fashion accessory! Try it! You will love it too!

10 - Sunset. As much as I love the sunrise I also love the sunset. God is an amazing artist. The sunset is beautiful and calming. It is the 'period' to my day!

Have a great Saturday!





A Southern Sunrise!













post signature

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

sailorcross said...

Wow!! You are quick!! And I have to say that I agree with all of your "S's", though I'm trying to stay away from the sweets!!

I have to agree with you on the tapioca--don't care for that!! But, bread pudding? You've obviously never tasted my grandma's recipe which just melts in your mouth!!

I don't know Sylvie, but I do love my kitties, and one of them is named Scout--so she is an "S", too!!

Thanks for playing along!!!

Beth