Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day
























Dear Mom,

I know I talk to you just about every day but I don't think I have ever thanked you for all the things you have done for me. You were always willing to sit at the sewing machine when I needed the perfect outfit! You endured countless sessions of drama...sometimes day after day. You were always willing to open our home to every stray person in need of a sympathetic shoulder to cry on! How many of my friends have you counseled over the years? Too many to count. How many recipes have you slowly and carefully repeated via long distance so I could make the perfect meal? You modeled daily what it was like to be a lady. You were never ashamed to show your faith and you were always willing to volunteer in church and in your community. I always knew you were special and gracious but I didn't appreciate it fully until Rob was killed in the plane crash. You were there for me, at my elbow, helping me make the tough decisions, helping me parent 2 toddlers, negotiating and handling the dozens of in-laws and family members that invaded my home on the heels of such a horrid tragedy. You handled neighbors, the press, and the nosy people who always seem to gather around the tragic. When I didn't have the strength to carry on emotionally you held me together with your prayers. I know there were many instances when you had to bite your lip and hold your tongue. You were always the epitome of a Southern lady. Now, 20 years later, I can thank God for the magnificent Mom you are to me and the excellent grandmother you are to my the kids. We couldn't have made it this far without you. I hope you know how much you are cherished and loved. May God bless you this Mother's Day! We love you!


post signature
Posted by Picasa

No comments: