Thursday, February 19, 2009

ABC's of the Word - B












I am very late to the ABC's of the Word party that Grey Like Snuffie hosts. I have been doing research at work today and have almost been buried under it. So, I have just cleared my desk long enough to dash off a few brief words on the Letter "B" and the word believe.

Isaiah 43:10 - "You are My witnesses," declares the Lord, " and My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He..."

I picked "believe" this year as my word. Now don't get the idea that I do not believe because I do. But, I discovered that sometimes I just believe in God and I don't believe Him. Does that make sense? For example, I can pray for someone with fervor and believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will intervene in their lives. But I sometimes don't apply that belief to my own circumstances. (Oh, Lord, help my unbelief!) So, I picked believe to remind me that God is just as faithful in my life and the messes I get into as He is for others. The Bible study, "Believing God" really helped me change my focus and my attitude when it comes to belief. There is a five-statement pledge of faith from that study that I repeat every morning (and sometimes several times during the day):

God is who He says He is.
God can do what He says He can do.
I am who God says I am.
I can do all things through Christ.
God's Word is alive and active in me...I'm Believing God!!!

If you haven't done this study, I highly recommend it! Hope y'all had a great day! Looking forward to Friday and the weekend!


post signature

5 comments:

pam said...

Oh, as I read those I KNEW what study that came from...just finished that one. For me I easily believe a lot about God in my head but sometimes it's not down in the depths of my spirit yet. Thanks for joining in.

Tealady said...

You are preaching to the choir here. LOL I have to remind myself when I get low that God's promises are for me, too. I find it so easy to believe His promises are for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Thanks for the reminder.

Blessings, Lana

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I am doing this study right now in my quiet time. I love it. All of her studies have been wonderful! My belief is growing and daily. I pray He grows my faith more.

Thanks for sharing!

In His Graces~Pamela

sailorcross said...

I think I'm going to have to do this study!! I've read so many wonderful things about this.

Hmmmm....springtime.....sitting on the deck.....soaking this in......sounds good to me....

MOVING THIS WEEKEND!! YEAH!

Beth

MARGE said...

The first thing I thought about when I read your post was the study from Beth Moore. Yes I have done that study and I agree that we can sometimes know about believing in Him but to Believe Him.
Thanks for the reminder
Marge