Thursday, April 16, 2009

Among the Living!






My new bracelet from Lisa Leonard Designs! Don't you love it!!!





I feel like I have been gone for a hundred years! Where has the time gone? It was never my intention to be away from my little blog so long. I need my entries to help keep up with my life and all that keeps me occupied. So, where was I the last time I posted...,OH!

I was anticipating heading to New Orleans for the Living Proof Live Event with Beth Moore and Travis Cottrell. I didn't have far to travel since the Crescent City is just a little more than an hour away. I went with my dearest friend and a group from her church. We had a great trip over with lots of laughter and good fellowship. We stayed in the Homewood Suites (great accomodations) about 6 blocks away from the arena. Oh, it was such a good weekend and a wonderful event. The praise and worship was excellent! Travis Cottrell is so talented and he uses it to bring glory and honor to the Lord. Beth taught from 1 Thessalonians 5:12-24 (The Message) and it was so convicting. I provided a link to the passage from Biblegateway.com in case you do not have access to a copy. It packs a wallop.

Upon my return to life at home I had a message from my daughter asking if she could move back home. She is in the midst of a huge heartbreak and has decided that re-grouping from the nest is the best thing for her. So, she is leaving her job and planning to go to school this summer to finish her teacher certification. We are praying that even in this economy she will be able to find a job teaching English and maybe even overseeing a school newspaper. So my half empty nest will be filled once again even if it is only a temporary thing!

Of course, this all happened during Holy Week which for those of us who work in churches is an extremely busy time. I had the finishing touches to put on the annual Youth retreat that takes place every Easter weekend. That kept me so busy all week long, including an 11 hour day on Good Friday. I used Easter weekend to catch up on my rest. We did have an incredible service on Easter morning. Great music, wonderful worship, and a powerful message from John 20:1-18.

This week is vacation week for almost every one on staff at the church so I am holding down the fort! I am looking forward to the weekend so I can finish re-arranging closets and furniture to make room for my daughter who hasn't been home in 5 years...not since before she started college!

My only other pre-occupation is with Scripture memorization. In the right hand column you will see that I have taken up the challenge that Beth Moore issued on her blog at the beginning of the year. I love my verse for April 15th (well, I have loved them all because they have each spoken to me in the midst of my circumstances) - - - "The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise Him, my father's God, and I will exalt Him. The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is His name." Exodus 15:2-3.

Hope all is well in your part of the world!

post signature

No comments: